· Habeus Corpus
· National HMO
o All citizens automatically subscribed.
· Sunset Laws – All Federal laws expire after 20-25 years.
· A more representative Democracy – 1 representative per X citizens: X = 100,000 – 150,000 – 200,000 – TBD
· One basic Income Tax deductible – poverty level for your category/location.
o No Itemization
· Linear progressive income tax – up to 40% for income in excess of presidential salary – details TBD.
o Maybe another 10% for every multiple of the President’s Salary?
· A National Service Education Bill, similar to the GI Bill I used through college in the ‘70s
o 3-4 Years of Military, Community, National, Service Qualifies
· Pay for medical school in exchange for 10+ years of service in National HMO or other Public Health Service
· National Guard not activated and deployed outside of US Territory without declaration of war or declaration of National Emergency – by Congress.
· Reserve Forces not called up to active duty without declaration of war or declaration of National Emergency – by Congress.
· Reserve Forces and National Guard not deployed into combat zones without declaration of war – by Congress.
· Recognition that the President is NOT a king, that the president does NOT represent the People, that the president executes the instructions of Congress.
· Anyone with more than 15 years legislative experience in Congress can not hold a committee or sub-committee chairmanship or a speakership.
· No monetary foreign aid to non-democracies, kleptocracies and countries in civil war.
· No military aid anywhere.
· Only registered voters are allowed to donate to political campaigns.
· Revision of Capital Gains Taxes
o No tax paid on selling one stock/fund/security to reinvest in another stock/fund/security
o Tax only when stock/fund/security is sold and is not reinvested
· Revision of Estate Tax
o No tax on physical property, e.g. land, art, heirlooms, private businesses, etc.
o Tax on money/stocks/funds/securities overseen by SEC or its international equivalents.
o Tax on physical properties only when sold. e.g. you inherit a Renoir and don’t sell it in your lifetime- you are never taxed for it – and you can pass it on to the next generation. If they sell it they are going to pay a lot of taxes on it. ($0 cost basis)
o Tax inheritance (as noted above) at something like 60-70% for any estate worth more than 10 times the president’s annual salary. Less than that can be treated differently
· Corporations are not persons – legally
· Corporations must subject to regulatory oversight
o Regulatory oversight requirements reviewed every 5-10 years
§ Regulations shouldn’t be a straight jacket
§ More protection against gaming the system
o If an individual wants to run a business and doesn’t want to incorporate, they are not subject to the regulations that govern corporations, nor the protections.
· If a Federal Agency has certified that a product is safe for public use, then the Federal government is liable for any suits brought against the product
o Strong Inspector General office to ensure against collusion
o Strong certification process – who cares if it takes 20 years to evaluate.
o Vendor may release with preliminary approval but without protection
· Any compensation dispensed in excess of the President’s annual salary is considered corporate profit
· FEMA should set up Emergency Distribution centers at the various large military reservations around the country and pre-stock emergency supplies. Consumables can be rotated through with various international relief efforts. Trailers may be aired out before they are needed.
· President’s Annual Salary equal to ten times the median household income.